NVSP Status Check 2019 | Voter ID status | Election Voters list 2019 The Election Commission of India has published the voters list for 2019 on their official website. With the convenience of the online system, the need to head to a booth with your ID proof or other essential documents to search for your name in the voters list is no longer required.
Definition: The voter’s list (officially known as the electoral roll) is a compiled comprehensive list, which includes the names and other details of voters in a particular constituency.
However, this has to be done at least 10 days before the elections so that any type of error can be fixed at the earliest. Once the elections are about to begin, alterations are not allowed.
How to check online if your name is on Voter List?
Having a voter ID card is not enough for a person to be eligible to vote in an election in India. Before the elections, the person should check whether his or her name is present on the voter list or not.
Now, the election commission has made it possible for a person to check their name on the voter list online.
Just follow the steps mentioned below:Visit the website http://electoralsearch.in/ .After visiting the website you can search for your name on the voter list by two methods.
The first method is by clicking on the ‘Search by Details’ option.
Individuals who wish to check if their names have been included in the voter’s list or those who wish to check any details pertaining to their Voter ID card can do so by following the steps outlined below:
Check -> Search by Name or Epic
Individuals who have registered to vote should make it a point to check the electoral roll to ensure their name is mentioned to avoid being denied the right to vote at elections. In case of a name being absent from the database, the individual can contact the nearest electoral office and notify the officer of this.
Search your name on the electoral list by entering your details
- Enter all your personal details on the website such as your name, date of birth, age and constituency of residence, from where you have been registered as a voter.
- Next enter the code that you are seeing on the captcha image and then click on search. If you are able to see your name below the submit button, your name is on the voter list, otherwise, there is a very good chance that your name is missing from the voters’ list.
Search your name by EPIC number
- Enter the EPIC number in the box. Then select the state of your residence.
- Next, type the code that you see in the captcha image.
- If your name is in the voters’ list then you will be able to see the name below the submit otherwise there is a very good chance that your name is not on the voters’ list.
How to download Voter List?
- Visit the website eci.nic.in/ .
- On the side of the page, you will see an option ‘PDF Electoral Roll’.
- After clicking on the link, a page containing the link to the electoral roll of all the state will open. Click on the state from where you are registered as a voter.
- After clicking on the state in which you reside, you will see a list of districts that belong to that state. Click on the district in which you reside.
- After clicking on the name of the district, you will see a list of AC names on the page. Click on the AC name from which you are registered to vote.
- Next, you will see a list of polling stations belonging to that AC. Select the option ‘Draft Roll’ next to your polling station.
- You should be able to see the voting list and download it.
Importance of the Voting List
- The electoral roll is a document that lists the names of registered voters for a particular constituency.
- In the electoral roll, there is no discrimination against anyone on any parameter. The document also ensures that the election process is carried out in a procedural manner.
- The list also ensures that if your name is not present on the list, you will be denied the right to vote.
- The updating process in the voters’ list is also important as all those people who have turned 18 years of age and are eligible to vote, provided they have their names added to the list. The names of people who are deceased but still have their names on the voters’ list will be removed.
- The updation process of electoral rolls also confirms that no fake voters have been included in the list. This has proved to be a major problem in the past.
- The full name of the person
- Date of birth
- Signature sample
- National ID number
- Registration address
- Code of the polling station
- Name of the polling station
- Area or locality
The electoral authorities use these details to authorise the person’s identity at the election booths.